PrimoCache can run in debug mode and output a log file for diagnostics. The instructions below will walk you through the steps needed to enable the debug mode.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the PrimoCache application executable. It should be the file named FancyCcV.exe in the PrimoCache install directory by default. However, if support professionals send you a test executable for debugging purposes, browse to this test executable.
- Right click on the executable, and select Create shortcut from the menu. Click Yes if Windows gives the message "Windows cannot create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead?".
- Right click on the created shortcut, and select Properties from the menu.
- Append the "-d" option to text in Target box. The full target is like "C:\Program Files\PrimoCache\FancyCcV.exe" -d.
- Double click the shortcut to run the application. It will run in debug mode.
Now reproduce the problem you encountered, then exit the application. You will see a log file named PrimoCcApp.log in the same directory as the executable. Email the log file to technical support.
Note: The method here only applies to the PrimoCache GUI application. It doesn't apply to PrimoCache kernel drivers.